Continuous Join As You Go (JAYG) Technique For Crochet Squares With A Chain Spacing
The instructions for the Crochet Continuous Join As You Go technique are quite detailed and therefore I have made it available, purely as a PDF Download
These in instructions are for a Left Handed Crocheter
Make a sample of 9 squares: i.e crochet 9 x granny squares of 3 rows per square.
A few things you have to remember with this technique:
- The technique adds an extra row.
- If you do not want an extra row then crochet the blocks 1 row short.
- You have to crochet all your squares before starting to join
- Decide on your layout and either number each square in their order or layout your squares and take a picture. It’s quicker and less confusing.
- It is more comfortable to work at a table whilst joining the blocks in this way.
- You will be working from the BOTTOM ROW UP TO THE TOP ROW – please see the diagram at the bottom of this tutorial
- My instructions are based on UK Terminology
- Tr–Treble (yarn over, insert hook, pull up a thread, yarn over, pull through 2, yarn over, pull through 2)
Enjoy Joining your squares ?